10.5.07

play on playa


Maybe I AM getting old, but I always find myself saying that kids today dont have "real toys" to play with. I mean no diss when I say that nowadays everything is connected to a TV show or or movie. Everything is Dora the Explora (or Go Diego Go apparently), Nemo, Spiderman or Clifford associated but what happened to toys that didn't need to be linked to anything to be fun to play with. Like an etch-a-sketch, and a skip it. Well the good people at VH1 decided to air a show called I LOVE TOYS where they had the 100 GREATEST TOYS OF ALL TIME; check out the top 20...remember these...Personally I was kinda bored with the hula hoop so I woulda put legos at the top but...WHATEVER

1. Hula Hoop
2. Barbie
3. LEGO
4. G.I. Joe
5. Mr. Potato
6. Monopoly
7. Star Wars Figure
8. Yo-Yo
9. Slinky
10. Wiffle Ball & Bat
11. Play Doh
12. Radio Flyer
13. Snoopy Sno Cone Machine
14. Bike
15. Match Box/Hot Wheels
16. Etch-A-Sketch
17. Rock'em Sock'em
18. Scrabble
19. Easy Bake Oven
20. ATARI

To see if your favorite toy made the top 100 and to see highlinghts from the shows, check here

~Charity

No comments: