1.5.07

[insert witty blog title here]

I normally sit on the fence on the issue of streetware, so I get the bird's eye view. And what I've observed is that because the market has become sooooooo saturated soooooooo quickly that its like...everything is like a copy, of a copy, of a copy. (c) Edward Norton in Fight club (notice how his character never had a name). Its like, somethin is hot, and then everybody does it until its dead...just think "all-over prints." Personally, I think it just perpetuates poserism, swaggerjacking, and hipsterness; (the three are pretty much interchangable in their WACKNESS). The concept of them all is to trying to "be cool," instead of just wearing what you like. If you buy your clothes because you think that [insert name of 'in crowd'] will think this is hot, then you probably fit into one of the 3 aforementioned categories.

Anyway...back to streetware, I thought the purpose was to be creative but everyone making tees didn't get the memo... Don't get me wrong, there are still some companies with original design concepts and witty phrases so I figured I'd highlight a few


I hate seeing buys with bandanas (you ain't robbin shit) but this one is clever. If you don't get it then I feel bad for you.

This one is the doing of acclaimed stencil artist Logan Hicks. If you're not hip to Hicks, get familiar. If you're looking for "urban art" to put in your crib, make it look swanky and what not, he might have exactly what you're looking for. http://workhousevisuals.com


And along the same lines, a clothing company called Bread has come up with this clever tee.

I think it makes a good gag gift for any "studio gangster" you know. It speaks volumes to me but I wont get into the deep interpretation I've done of this t-shirt that makes it so great...I will just say that it's witty. But beware, this is just for style; if you're looking for real protection, your best bet is a roll of duct tape and some phone books.

~charity

No comments: