10.12.07

VICK SENTENCED


So about an hour ago the sentencing came down for Michael Vick in the charges of dog fighting and animal cruelty and all that other stuff...Vick was sentenced to 23 months. Not bad I say, much better than 6 years! He has to do 85% of his time which means 19.5 months, sooooo IF he's good he could be released as early as May of 2009!. So, he's gonna lose 2 years of his life...and millions upon millions of dollars. So far hes lost an estimated $141,898,073


$50 million: Endorsement income lost over the next decade, according to an estimate by the University of Oregon's Warsaw Sports Marketing Center.

$19.97 million: Previously paid bonuses that an arbitrator has ruled the Falcons can recoup from Vick (a ruling currently being reviewed by U. S. District Judge David Doty in Minneapolis).

$928,073: Funds Vick put into an escrow account, as part of his plea agreement, to fund the care of about 54 pit bulls found on his property.


I like Michael Vick, always have always will (considering I dont know anything about him except that he's fine, and a damn good football player who may or may not be bisexual and have herpes, who likes to fight dogs)...hmmm I guess I know more about him than I thought. Aaaaanyway...I'm not against dogs but I dont get the purpose. I know poeple fighting dogs RIGHT NOW...shhhhhhhhhhhhh...im sure you can hear them if you really listen. So, I ask what the purpose was. Do the dogs feel any better now that Michael Vick is behind bars? And as for PETA, I wonder about peole who value animal life over human life...but whatever


Like my man Avon Barksdale says..."You only do two days...the day you go in and the day you come out."




~Charity