24.1.08

"Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities"

-Frank Lloyd Wright

Couldn't have said it better myself! I don't know if you guys watch the WEATHER CHANNEL or weather.com the ENTIRE nation but if you DIDN'T know, it's cold as HELL in Chicago. I mean 4 degrees "FEELS LIKE" -12? What kind of shit is THAT? So while Charity is down in College Station b.k.a. LAMESVILLE, Texas ridin' her LOW rider and what not I'm up here unable to match a DAMNED thing to my black furry Minnetonka boots (word to DSW) cause I have no CHOICE, every morning it's a question of whether or not I would like to keep my toes in safe keeping and the answer is always YES (SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST BABY). So I check my e-mail this morning and get a msg. from a catalogue I subscribe to that's prices are waaaaaay waaaay waaaaaaaaaaaaay out of my range and the e-mail subject is, GET RESORT READY and ooooh how I would like to so here's a few pieces I found that I ADORED and would get if I COULD get, if a would chuck could chuck wood ;-) Take a peek:

:: Dulce de Leche by Lola $185.00 (BECAUSE I HATE SQUINTING MY EYES IN THE SUN, IT MAKES MY HEAD HURT, BUT IT MAY NOT FIT CUZ I GOT A BIG ASS HEAD)

:: Shell Sunglasses by Celestina $390.00 (BECAUSE I LOVE SUNGLASSES, I'M NOT SURE IF THOSE WOULD LOOK RIGHT BCAUSE I HAVE A HEART SHAPED FACE BUT THEY'RE STILL HOTT)

:: Artisan Silk One-Shoulder Top by Kai Milla $875.00 (BECAUSE THAT MOTHER FUCKER IS HOTT/IT WOULD LOOK GOOD ON ME)

:: Terrycloth Bikini by Michael Kors $328.00 (BECAUSE MICHAEL KORS IS MY NIGGA)

:: Lookout Track Kaftan by Easton Pearson $750.00 (MAAAN, YOU COULDN'T TELL ME SHIT WHILE I WAS WEARIN' THIS)

:: Flat Sandals by Bo'em $196.00 (THAT'S NOT THAT EXPENSIVE BUT LET'S BE SERIOUS HERE)

:: Reversible Leather TOTE by Vivre Selection $825.00 (BECAUSE IT'S LIKE GETTING TWO BAGS IN ONE! JUST DON'T CARRY ANY INK PENS)


So now that I've showed you that I am anti-pant and how I would get beach ready "if I were a rich girl", I hope you've got your picks ready too cause us Chicagoans KNOW that the Chicago SUMMER (you betta AXE somebody if you don't know the deal) is coming, come hell or high water and remember...mind over matter, if you THINK warm you'll be warm.

STAY WARM CHICAGO AND DON'T FORGET YOUR GLOVES AND HATS!

Mel!ssa T.

1 comment:

Tish said...

that is my most favorite quote