22.4.07

FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH #2

It's that time of the week again. US here @ each of our respective households but TOGETHER uniting to create the SMSiDK Crew as you know it are going to show you wat it is that WE like, so that you know what we like because well all in all you were born to know what it is that we like [EXHALE] so, here it goes [elipses]

MELISSA'S 3

1. Ummmmm... k. I've been hip to this one for about two years now but due to the LACK of warm spring weather here in the Chi I haven't been able to enjoy it UNTIL now. Dunkin' Donuts' Iced Blueberry Coffee WHY? Simply because it's PERFECT. When you're looking for something cold && refreshing why not roll wit' this choice? You get the refreshing bite of blueberry AND the caffeine buzz that you would be looking for because, maybe it's just me but, heat can kick one's A-S-S even when we're doing absolutely NOTHING so all in all, Iced Blueberry Coffee is the way to go.

P.S. ask for CREAM AND SUGAR [they WILL send yu off]

2. My NEW uber dope gold hoops that I copped from a location that at this time I will NOT disclose to the public, I mean these new earrings are the ANSWER to all the prayers I had when searching for a pair of gold hoops that stood out amongst the myriad of bamboo heart shaped, the circles created by the touching noses of two dolphins and basic wire thin joints. These earrings are JUST wat a chick like me is looking for MOSTLY because they twinkle ;D yes as in "TWINKLE, TWINKLE BABY, TWINKLE, TWINKLE" and lucky for me I was able to cop a gold bangle to MATCH...perfectly [from a TOTALLY diff. store, damn I'm good] granted I spent almot 40$ on only TWO pieces of jewelery I am VERY satisfied with my purchase UNLESS of course they fall out of my ear like a certain ONE OF A KIND pair did when I was making a run for a CERTAIN "D.J." but that's besides the point...basically i guess my point is to encourage people to get off the bamboo earring && door knocker phase no DOUBT they are and will forever BE hot, I think chicas need to take a more "vested" interest in finding gold hoops that stand out, just like your style should ((i'll post a pic later this week JUST to prove how hot these earrings are.))

3. AND LASTLY my favorite of the three && I guess I made it last so I could say "LAST BUT NOT LEAST" but it's never been more tru until today. This item is SO dope I was lucky enuf to b found dope by TWO parties that I recieved it TWICE for my twentieth birFday... the Hellz Bellz "Gunnin' For Peace" tee is SO beyond hot that I can't begin to search my vocabulary or a thesaurus for a word to describe. I mean I myself am so OVER the "ANTI-WAR" scarf [whether it's for protest or just fashion purposes for some people] that when this shirt was shown to me I just "HAD TO HAVE IT", it reveals my deeply rooted DISGUIST with the war ['cause of the anti-war scarf yada yada] and the desire I have to stay dope. So thanks for BOTH parties that purchased this for me 'cause it really means alot, I get LOTS of compliments for this piece but that's not wat matters, what matters is thee FACT that I am shittin' on you...period. ;D

CHARITY'S 3

1. My Waffle Maker. I mean its general knowledge that I make some mean french toast; and that my pancakes are good (nowhere NEAR as good as pops' but i mean dude can cook). But there is something about waffles that is just the greatest. Actually Chicken and Waffles. Its a heavenly combination that I used to enjoy at this local spot called wing heaven. But it closed...long story. I tried chicken and pancakes, chicken and french toast...but...alas...i stell felt empty. So...I went and bought myself a waffle maker. And then i made waffles. 4 of them the first time...and it was great. I mean theres just somethin about watchin the butter and syrup fill all the lil crevices...add some chicken eggs and...Trust me...you can die happy. So yea...thanks to my waffle maker...I'm in breakfast heaven....(lunch dinner and midnight snack heaven too for that matter).

2. Now...to the naked eye I would be classified as a hip-hop snob/ a "backpacker" if you will. One of those people who like their music to be introspective and say something. I mean...I'm all about that but don't get me wrong...I ENJOY A GOOD PARTY SONG. Not too overly sexual but somethin you can definatley bounce to in the club. My new favorite song in that genre (party genre) is...rock your hips. Why?... Princess' wonderfull verse...check it
I've got 32 flavors of this bootylicious bubble gum raspberry/ grape, cherry/come and get this honey bun/ yummy hum/ baby/ not your ordinary lady/ known to drive a nigga crazy/ willy wonka wann pay me...
How great is that...i mean how cocky and "womanly empowering" is that. I'm not gonna interpret it cause; if you dont get its greatness [especially when you're actuall rocking your hips to that song's beat]...then you just dont understand. But meet me on the dance floor and i will definately show you.


3. Nike Chocolate Easter Bunny Dunks. Now as a sneakerhead I really dont need an excuse to shout out my sneakers. But Here's why I will. I LECTURED IN MINE.
Yes, i gave my first official lecture in my dunks. So they were a part of me changing the academic game a bit. Generally people expect professors to wear "dress clothes" but i didn't; and my evaluation said that I commanded respect...BECAUSE OF MY KNOWLEDGE OF THE MATERIAL. I was on top of my shit, and I gave a thorough lecture (on systemic racism). Maybe I'm thinking too much about this but hopefully im helping to break down the wack ass widely held view in academia that you have to look a certain way to have credibility. Imagine me...teaching the youth in polo shirts, premium and sneakers, and a lil bit of shine (in the ears around the neck and on the wrist). But whats more important...imagine me teaching the youth. Thats waht makes me smile. I feel like a role model...I'm tryin to show young people like myself that you can make it on the straight and narrow.I'm not in the academic watch tower looking down and striking people with all of my books and belittling people with my knowledge...I'm just a city kid who plays her hiphop, wears her sneakers, likes donald goines novels, has a ballplayer swag (and a jumpshot and handles to match), talks shit, watches chapelle show (i got the dvds), leans and rocks with it, loves guys with 360 waves, spits a mean verse. and tries to promote unity... I TOLD YOU WE WERE TRYIN TO CHANGE THE WORLD.

And from both of us we present...Anderson Cooper
Here's Why:

Charity says: Dude...do you see him? He's fine. Now i prefer the brothas but...I recognize a fine man no matter what race he is. I mean maybe its because grey and blue are my favorite colors...and he has gray hair and blue eyes that do it for me...but yea I'm tryin to schedule an "interview" as we speak.

Melissa says: "He's pretty...and smart...I'd hit it, and check the swoop in his hair GEEZ"

No but really let us give you some background information. Andersonn is an Emmy Award winning journalist who recently was the 60 minutes anchor who covered the "stop snitching" campaign. He also has done awesome investigative journalism work in Iraq, Sri Lanka (after the Tsunami), in new Orleans and Mississippy (after Hurricaines Katrina and Rita), covering the controversy surrounding Princess Dianna. He's known for his compassion and empathy with human suffering and his unapologetic questining of the way our government and society handles situations. He also hosts his own news show on CNN called Anderson Cooper 360 that comes on at 9pm (CST). Tune in and get familiar...

SMSiDK...

No comments: